Convenient to both the Harbourside Hotel and the Marina Inn, the Scottish Maritime Museum is on the harbourside in Irvine.
Home to Scotland’s national maritime collection, the award winning Scottish Maritime Museum is a great day out, with so much to do:
- Explore Scotland’s ‘Cathedral of Engineering’ – the vast, former Linthouse shipyard building
- Discover historic vessels such as Spartan, Scotland’s last Scottish-built puffer, the harbour tug Garnock and Carola, a steam yacht built in 1898
- Build and test your own model boat on our indoor and outdoor boating ponds
- Learn about Scotland’s importance to maritime history, and about the people that built and sailed Scottish ships around the world
- Step back in time in the 1920’s shipyard worker’s tenement flat
- Climb aboard the MV Kyles and tour the Captain’s cabin, crew’s quarters and engine room